[Becarios-ifeva] Postdoctoral Positions in Plant-Fungal Ecology at Oregon State University

Lucía Vivanco vivanco en agro.uba.ar
Mie Nov 18 09:50:59 ART 2015

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Postdoctoral Positions in Plant-Fungal Ecology at Oregon
State University
Date: 2015-11-16 20:34
From: Posy Busby <posybusby en gmail.com>
To: Posy Busby <posybusby en gmail.com>

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Next fall I will start a lab in the Botany and Plant Pathology
Department at Oregon State University. In the next few years I expect to
hire two exceptional postdoctoral fellows to work on plant-fungal
ecology and evolution. (I am also recruiting talented undergraduates
interested in graduate study) Please forward this announcement to
interested parties.

Thank you,

Posy

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN PLANT-FUNGAL ECOLOGY AT OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY

The Busby lab in the Botany and Plant Pathology Department at Oregon
State University is seeking a postdoctoral fellow to contribute to a
three-year DOE-funded project [1] that examines how ecological
interactions in the leaf microbiome contribute to _Populus _defense.
This position will involve collaboration with the Newcombe lab at the
University of Idaho and the Plant Microbe Interfaces group at Oak Ridge
National Laboratory.

Our research group has broad interests in plant microbiome ecology and
evolution, fungal community ecology and plant pathology. We use a mix of
laboratory and greenhouse experiments, fieldwork, and bioinformatics to
answer questions (next-gen amplicon sequencing, GWAS, RNA-Seq). Research
related to the DOE-funded project will investigate how plant genetic
resistance, fungal endophytes and eriophyid mites influence plant
disease. The candidate will also be encouraged to develop independent
projects. Ideal candidates will have a passion for studying plants and
fungi as well as a desire to integrate ecological approaches with
emerging molecular methods.

The Botany and Plant Pathology Department at OSU is home to a diverse
and talented group of researchers studying plants and fungi. Additional
opportunities and resources at OSU include an array of field sites
available for research (e.g. HJ Andrews Experimental Forest) and the
Center for Genome and Biocomputing. OSU is located in Corvallis, Oregon.
Corvallis is consistently ranked as one of America’s top college
towns, and was ranked by Outside Magazine as one of the top 20 towns in
which to live.

Candidates should send an email describing their interest in the
position along with a CV and two representative publications to Posy
Busby (peb15 en duke.edu). The position has an approximate start date of
September 2016.

--

Posy Busby

NSF Postdoctoral Fellow
Vilgalys Lab, Duke University
Newcombe Lab, U Idaho

Links:
------
[1] http://doegenomestolife.org/research/DOEUSDA/abstracts/2015newcombe_abstract.shtml

--
Kathleen K Treseder
Professor and Vice Chair

3106 BioSci III
Dept of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
University of California Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-2525

http://faculty.sites.uci.edu/tresederlab/

--