[AACS] curso posgrado

Marcos Esteban Angelini angelini.marcos en inta.gob.ar
Jue Oct 29 10:14:35 ART 2015

Estimados colegas,

Les envío información sobre dos cursos a realizarse en el ISRIC World Soil Information, en Holanda, entre el 9 y el 13 de Mayo de 2016.

El primero de ellos consiste en la introducción de métodos y software para el manejo, análisis y mapeo de propiedades de suelos utilizando R. Es un curso teórico-práctico que cubre temas como geoestadística en dos y tres dimensiones, regresión lineal, cuantificación de errores, entre otros.
El segundo de los cursos es sobre estándares internacionales para la clasificación y evaluación de suelos. Trata temas como diversidad de suelos a nivel global, factores y procesos formadores de suelos, clasificación (según la WRB 2014) y manejo.

Ambos cursos se dictan en Inglés, por lo que se requiere un nivel intermedio a avanzado. Abajo podrán encontrar más información al respecto. Cualquier consulta es bienvenida.

Saludos cordiales,

Marcos Angelini.

____
>From 9 to 13 May 2016, ISRIC - World Soil Information will organise a Spring School on mapping, classification and assessment of soils for soil and environmental scientists, students, experts and professionals in natural resources management. The Spring School will take place at the Wageningen Campus in the Netherlands. It will consist of two five-day courses that are run in parallel:

1. Hands-on Global Soil Information Facilities (GSIF) (http://www.isric.org/training/hands-global-soil-information-facilities-2015)
The aim of this course is to introduce methods and software for the management, analysis and mapping of soil data within the R environment for statistical computing. The course alternates between lectures and computer exercises and covers a variety of subjects, such as 2D and 3D geostatistics, regression modelling for soil mapping, quantification of uncertainty in soil modelling, soil data visualization, preparation of covariate layers for soil mapping, and space-time modelling with soil data. We will also run a series of demos for 3D digital soil mapping and visualisation at regional and global scales (www.soilgrids.org), and the SoilInfo App for mobile devices  (soilinfo.isric.org). This course aims at digital soil mappers, ecologists, environmental scientists and students interested in geostatistics, producing digital soil maps and/or using global soil datasets for spatial modelling purposes. A number of recorded sessions from the Spring School 2015 can be accessed via the ISRIC's YouTube channel at: http://youtube.com/c/ISRICorg

2. World Soils and their Assessment (WSA) (http://www.isric.org/training/world-soils-and-their-assessment-2015)
This is a course on international standards for soils classification and assessment. It will provide an introduction to the soils of the world and their diversity, their main forming factors, classification (according to the World Reference Base for Soil Resources 2014), and management. The course will include lectures and hands-on exercises. It will make use of the facilities of the World Soil Museum. The course includes a field excursion in the area around Wageningen, which has a rich diversity of landscapes and soils. In the field, several topics will be addressed including: soil and landscape relations, soil formation, soil classification, field description of soils, and soil management. This course aims at scientists, professionals, e.g. in natural resources management planning, and students who have an interest in soils and their assessment for their work or study, with aspects of soil formation, description, classification and evaluation.

Registration and fees
The deadline for registration is February 21st, 2016.
Early-bird, reduced fee: 400 euro
Early-bird, full fee: 800 euro
Regular, reduced fee: 500 euro
Regular, full fee: 1000 euro
The fee includes all workshop materials, coffee and tea, lunches and spring school dinner. Deadline for the early-bird fee is December 31st, 2015. The reduced fee applies to BSc and MSc students, PhD candidates, staff of public (national) institutes and organizations based in ODA-listed countries; see the spring school website for more details.
For more information about the ISRIC Spring School, including the GSIF and WSA course programmes, please visit: http://springschool.isric.org

Please feel free to distribute this announcement to anyone interested. Apologies for cross-posting.