[AACS] Fwd: Fw: PlaNNet virtual symposium - U.S. National Science Foundation-supported N researcher coordination network

Diego J. Cosentino cosenti en agro.uba.ar
Vie Feb 10 08:59:49 ART 2017

Estimados,

Abajo les paso información de un Simposio Virtual de N de acceso libre
que se hará el próximo 8 y 9 de Marzo.

Un abrazo,

Fernando

Ing. Agr. Fernando O. García, Ph.D.
Director Regional
IPNI Latinoamérica-Cono Sur
Av. Santa Fe 910
(B1641ABO) Acassuso - Buenos Aires
Argentina
Tel/Fax (54) 011-4798-9939 - (54) 011-4798-9988
fgarcia en ipni.net
http://lacs.ipni.net/
----- Forwarded by Fernando Garcia/IPNI on 02/09/2017 02:38 PM -----

I have been invited by Dr. Jill Baron with the U.S. Geological Survey
and the North American Center of the international Nitrogen Initiative
  ..... to circulate the information below, and within the attached file:

The Plant Nitrogen Network, PlaNNet, is a research collaboration network
funded by the US National Science Foundation and they are beginning to
host virtual meetings on the topics of nitrogen and agricultural
sustainability. A flyer for their first virtual meeting is attached and
is intended for anyone to access. Please share widely with your
colleagues. The sign-up information has not yet been posted, but we will
pass that on as soon as we can.

The aim of PlaNNet is to connect N-researchers around the world in order
to coordinate efforts to solve the dual problems of N in agriculture.
PlaNNet activities will include: (i) development of this information
portal for hundreds of N-research groups and other stake-holders around
the world; (ii) annual Workshops-Without-Walls, virtual meetings that
will involve hundreds of participants in presentations, discussions, and
consensus-building related to plant-N research and development; and
(iii) satellite workshops at major conferences focused on specific
aspects of plant N and agriculture.

--

Jill S. Baron, _Jill.Baron en ColoState.edu_ <mailto:Jill.Baron en ColoState.edu>

Co-Director —— John Wesley Powell Center for
Analysis and Synthesis

Director —— North American Nitrogen Center

US Geological Survey, _jill_baron en usgs.gov_ <mailto:jill_baron en usgs.gov>
Natural Resource Ecology Laboratory
Colorado State University
Fort Collins CO 80523-1499

*When we receive additional details on the internet connection details
for the PlaNNet virtual N symposium, we will be passing that information
along to you promptly.*

Sincerely,

Clifford S. Snyder, PhD, CCA
Nitrogen Program Director