[AACS] RV: EGU 2018 & WCSS 2018 - invitation for abstract submission

Presidencia - AACS presidencia.aacs en suelos.org.ar
Vie Ene 5 07:18:51 ART 2018

Dres. Guillermo A. Studdert y Diego J. Cosentino
Presidencia
Asoc. Argentina de la Ciencia del Suelo
Behring 2519, 5° A
(C1427DFA) Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
Rca. Argentina

De: IUSS Secretariat [mailto:iuss en umweltbundesamt.at]
Enviado el: jueves, 4 de enero de 2018 13:53
Para: IUSS Secretariat <iuss en umweltbundesamt.at>
CC: rhorn en soils.uni-kiel.de; kosakit8 en vega.aichi-u.ac.jp; andreas.baumgarten en ages.at;
balram.singh en nmbu.no; lal.1 en osu.edu; Micheli.Erika en mkk.szie.hu;
inubushi en faculty.chiba-u.jp; christian.feller en ird.fr; dlsparks en udel.edu;
r.swift en uq.edu.au; mbk en ksu.edu; fcamargo en ufrgs.br; iuss en reading.ac.uk; Jae Yang
<yangjay en kangwon.ac.kr>
Asunto: EGU 2018 & WCSS 2018 – invitation for abstract submission

Dear representatives of National and Regional Soil Science Society,

First of all, let me we wish you and your society members all the best for a healthy
and prosperous year 2018.

As the deadlines are getting closer let me ask you to spread the following two
invitations to your members asap:
EGU 2018 – invitation for abstract submission
The EGU General Assembly 2018 (EGU2018) will take place 08–13 Apr 2018 in Vienna,
Austria.
As one of the activities within the International Decade of Soils 2015 - 2024 IUSS is
involved in the organisation of session SSS1.3/EOS5 Soil science education, outreach
and public engagement (co-organized). This session welcomes all perspectives on
teaching soil science from school level to continuing professional development in
non-academic settings. Contributions are welcomed that move away from concepts and
methods for teaching soil science within traditional disciplines (chemistry, biology,
physics) to those that use soil systems approaches. Innovative methods from the
field, classroom and laboratory are welcome from anyone working with soil science
education across varied settings. The conveners also welcome demonstrations of novel
approaches for soil science outreach and public engagement that involve scientists
and non-scientists. Examples that also measure the effectiveness of educational and
outreach activities are especially welcome.
Deadline for abstract submission: 10 January 2018, 13:00 CET.
Read more:  <https://egu2018.eu/> https://egu2018.eu/

21st World Congress of Soil Science – invitation for abstract submission and
registration
The 21st World Congress of Soil Science (21WCSS) will take place in Rio de Janeiro,
August 12 - 17, 2018. Dedicated to the theme “Soil Science: Beyond food and fuel”, it
will review the key role of soil science in answering some of the topical key
questions regarding future food and water security, environmental protection and
climate change mitigation.
Important dates:
Abstract submission until January 20, 2018
Abstract acceptance after March 15, 2018
Early registration ends March 31, 2018
Regular registration until May 12, 2018
Read more:  <https://www.21wcss.org/> https://www.21wcss.org/
Download the congress information:
<http://iuss.boku.ac.at/files/21wcss_-_meeting_information.pdf>
http://iuss.boku.ac.at/files/21wcss_-_meeting_information.pdf

Reminder on National voting of Officers for IUSS Divisions and Commissions 2017

Finally, I would like to remind those Presidents of the National Soil Science
Societies who have not done it so far to send me (Cc to rhorn en soils.uni-kiel.de
<mailto:rhorn en soils.uni-kiel.de> ) the results of national elections of officers for
IUSS Divisions and Commissions 2017.
For more information see:  <http://iuss.boku.ac.at/index.php?article_id=649>
http://iuss.boku.ac.at/index.php?article_id=649

We are looking forward to receiving your votes until 28 January 2018.

With best regards,

Sigbert Huber
Secretariat of International Union of Soil Sciences
T: +43-(0)1-313 04/3670
M: +43-(0) 664 80013 3670
F: +43-(0)1-313 04/3533
 <mailto:iuss en umweltbundesamt.at> iuss en umweltbundesamt.at

Spittelauer Lände 5
1090 Wien
Österreich/Austria
 <http://www.iuss.org/> http://www.iuss.org/