[AACS] Fwd: IUSS 2024 Centennial Congress - Call for Abstracts Session 125012-"Matching Food Security and Environmental goals: Phosphorus, a Key Global Element”

Diego Cosentino cosenti en agro.uba.ar
Vie Nov 17 16:17:05 ART 2023

Dear friends,

The International Union of Soil Sciences (IUSS) is celebrating 100 years
with a Centennial Congress <https://centennialiuss2024.org> in Florence
(Italy) from 19-21 May, 2024.

We would like to invite you to submit your Abstract
<https://centennialiuss2024.org/call-for-abstracts/> for the session
*125012-"Matching
Food Security and Environmental goals: Phosphorus, a Key Global Element”*.
The deadline is *15 January 2024*.

P is a key element, for agriculture and many routine processes/activities
(household, industry, etc.). Its fate and transformations in ecosystems
have been intensively discussed in the last years, but what is the status
of P in natural ecosystems, in urban and agricultural environments? What is
the direction we need to move? How might we match food security and
environmental goals? What are the differences among regions of the world?

We invite abstracts describing innovative research on responsible P
stewardship in the food-environment nexus. Holistic P models that unite the
physical, biological and social components of food-environment systems are
also welcome.
Co- conveners: Fernando O. García (consultant), Luke Gatiboni (North
Carolina State University, NCSU), and Joann Whalen (Global Phosphorus
Institute, GPI).

Looking forward for your contribution to celebrate 100 years of soil
science!!

Best regards,

Fernando, Luke and Joann

Website Centennial Congress: https://centennialiuss2024.org/

Fernando O. Garcia
Consultant Soil Fertility and Crop Nutrition
Free Professor, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences (National University of
Mar del Plata, Argentina)
Chair Commission 3.3 Soil Fertility and Plant Nutrition - International
Union of Soil Sciences (IUSS)
fgarcia1957 en gmail.com
Cel. +5491145658461

--